This year has been a busy one for me so far! I'm not complaining... I love keeping busy and finding fun things to do! Well, first things first, I got a new job!!! Yaayyy! I am now working at our district office in the department of Curriculum and Instruction and I love it. I have my own perfect cubicle (a big one too) which is a plus. Although I will miss working at the middle school and I know I will always be a Monroe Maverick at heart, I do love my new digs:
Moving right along... In May, Gus and I headed over to Oakland for the Snow Patrol concert. It's the second time we have seen this band live and they did not disappoint. Before heading to the show, we went to grab some yummy food and then made our way to our awesome seats...
BTW, this weekend was the first weekend I was able to enjoy having my new Iphone and all I can say is that I definitely didn't miss my old blackberry! Anyway, Gus and I decided to take advantage of already being in The City and we headed over the bridge to the SF Zoo for the day. I can never get tired of going to the Zoo, its such a cool place to visit. Plus the SF Zoo is so inexpensive, well kept and fun to navigate through which made our day that much more fun.
| Looking at us... Lunch. |
| Polar Bear |
| I got silly at the end of the day! |
Overall a great day! After we were done at the zoo and since we are such fans of food, we headed over to Park Chow for dinner. I can't take credit for finding this hole in the wall restaurant but I sure am glad someone knows how to do their food research! The only thing we missed having was their pumpkin pie for dessert (it's seasonal) but definitely a delicious meal!
| Park Chow |
To end the night, the girls (Yaz and Amel) convinced us to head over to Santa Cruz which is an hour away to enjoy some live music at a local restaurant by the beach. Like two crazy people, we drove from SF to SC and met up with them. The band was awesome and getting to dance with the girls was an absolute blast. Hard to believe but all this happened in ONE weekend! Yes, one weekend! But like I said, I enjoy keeping busy, finding places to visit and eating yummy food! Till next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment